What is SkillSelect? How does it work?
Table of Contents
- What is SkillSelect
- SkillSelect and Expression of Interest (EOI)
- How does SkillSelect work?
- Steps for SkillSelect Program
- Why choose CDR writers for CDR services?
Immigration schemes are very common in the nation where many international people immigrate for employment and education. If you are one who is willing to work in Australia, then you have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect program.
What is SkillSelect?
Skill Select is an Australian Immigration program that is compatible with skilled international workers with Australian employers. The system is very similar to the online job portal and simple to use. It coordinates the workers and employers on the basis of skill and needs.
International workers answer a series of questions related to their background and skills. The Australian employers will review the workers’ portfolios. The workers are either nominated to apply for the visa by employers or they will be invited to apply for a visa by the Australian government.
The EOI acknowledges the question about applicant qualification and experience. The Australian employer or Australian Government may put you up for a visa application. For a successful Australian Skilled Migration visa, the role of SkillSelect EOI is important.
The Australian employers can search SkillSelect profile and suggest a visa application. Some of the programs added to the EOI must additionally pass a skill evaluation exam in order to be eligible for a visa nomination.
SkillSelect and Expression of Interest (EOI)
An EOI will be stored in SkillSelect database for two years. You can also save partially completed EOI on the platform and edit it later if needed. Incomplete EOIs are also maintained in the database but are prohibited for nomination or invitation.
The applicant is responsible to keep an EOI updated. It must be done in accordance with the circumstances. After receiving a nomination for a visa application, you cannot make changes to the EOI.
EOIs are usually updated in the following circumstances:
- It is beneficial to your CV if you have received new work experience.
- If you have completed higher education.
- Improvement in your proficiency of the English language.
- If you have obtained a completely new skill set, it will allow you to explore the same field or various areas within the same industry.
- If you have to include your parents or if any of your family members have had a life-changing event like having a child.
- If you are seeking a career change
These changes are very important and may influence your chances of being nominated. Applicants should not provide false information and data in the EOI. The fake data will lead to the rejection of EOI. This will also prohibit you from entering the country.
If the following condition is met or after two years, the EOI will be withdrawn automatically from SkillSelect:
- If you were recommended for a visa, applied for the visa, and were granted it.
- If you’ve been nominated or invited twice but haven’t yet applied for a visa.
How does SkillSelect work?
- Candidates fill out an online form given by the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) to submit their information into SkillSelect.
- To determine their skills, command of the English language, and level of schooling, applicants complete a skill test.
- Applicants must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the category of visa they desire.
- Once the candidate is in the system, Australian companies or state and territory governments may extend an invitation to submit a visa application. For the majority of skilled worker visas, this nomination or sponsorship step is necessary.
- Applicant will fill out a visa application.
- After the approval of an application, the applicant can live and work in Australia.
Steps for SkillSelect Program
- Make sure you have a minimum point score of 65, your preferred occupation is on the list of skilled occupations and you are eligible to apply.
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) must be submitted before being invited to apply for the visa. With a minimum score of 65 for the assessment, you have to fulfill all the basic requirements before submitting of EOI. Regardless of whether you achieved the minimum score of 65 points or not, you will only be contacted to submit an application if your EOI was selected.
- Receive application invitation: The top scorers are asked to submit applications for numerous jobs.
- Apply for a visa: From the date of the invitation, the applicant has 60 days to submit the visa application.
Visa Category for Skilled Worker
The SkillSelect program has eight visa categories. Each category requires a specific selection of skills. You can check out the information below to learn more about different visas and procedures to apply.
Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
This is a permanent resident visa for skilled workers who have cleared a points test and wish to remain in the nation permanently. It does not require any kind of sponsorship of a firm or family or any kind of nomination from a state or territory. In order to apply, you will need an invitation and the following requirements.
- Get nominated for skilled occupation on the applicable professional occupation list.
- Have an assessment of your skill that is suitable for the job.
- Not yet surpassed 50 years old.
- Have achieved point test score as mentioned in your invitation letter.
- You must be proficient in English.
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa is for the skilled professional who has achieved point test and desires to stay in the country permanently. It requires a nomination from the government of a state or territory along with the following requirements.
- Submit an application for a skilled position on the applicable professional occupation list.
- Positive occupation skill assessment.
- Achieved the score outlined in your invitation letter based on the points test criteria.
- Abide by the rules on the use of English.
- Have received a nomination by an Australian state or territory government.
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
This is an additional temporary visa with a four-year validity period. You can only reside and work in a few locations in Australia. Whether you choose the extended stay option or the invitation option, a different visa is required.
Temporary Work Visa (Subclass 457)
This four-year skilled worker visa requires the presence of a sponsor and evidence of employment in a designated occupation.
Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
This visa is for skilled workers to obtain permanent residence. The requirement are as follows:
- Have received approval from a genuine Australian employer.
- You must be younger than 50 unless you are exempt.
- Unless you are exempt, you must fulfill the English language and competence criteria.
- Fill out an application in the category where you were nominated (the Temporary Residence Transition Stream, the Direct Entry stream, or the Agreement stream).
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (Subclass 187)
This visa permits skilled migrant workers to live in the country permanently. The requirement for this visa are as follows:
- This visa requires a nomination from a recognized Australian employer who can ensure employment in a particular Australian region.
- You must be younger than 50 years old.
- You have to be fluent in English and fulfill the required credentials.
- You have to apply in the stream that you were nominated for.
Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 132)
It is an entrepreneur visa that will allow you to start a new business or grow an existing one in Australia. You have to be asked to apply for this visa by the minister and obtain a recommendation from a state or territorial government agency. In order to get this visa one of the following is required.
- If you are willing to apply for a visa in the Significant Business History Stream, you must have net business and personal assets of at least AUD 1.5 million and an annual business turnover of more than AUD 3 million.
- Let’s say you wish to use the Venture Capital Entrepreneur visa application process. A high-value company concept needs at least AUD $1 million in venture capital financing to be developed and commercialized in Australia.
Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Subclass 188)
This is a visa for entrepreneurs who want to start, manage, or invest in a business in Australia. The Minister for Immigration and Border Protection must invite candidates to apply after obtaining a nomination from a state or territory government or an Australian organization.
SkillSelect is an efficient system for monitoring worker immigration to Australia. You may work freely in Australia as a businessperson or skilled worker because the visa is completely based on your credentials and personality.
Keep your needs and categorization in mind. It’s challenging to get nominated and invited. If you lose your chance, you could have to wait a while for another. Hence, try not to waste your nomination.
Why Choose CDR Writers for CDR services?
CDR Writers have team of expert and experienced report writers. We provide plagiarism free report that will be accepted in first attempt. Our CDR report writers follows official standard mentioned by Engineers Australia and ensure that your report is acceptable at first attempt.
Our experts provides on-time delivery of CDR and ACS RPL report writing services at very reasonable price. We also offer free consultation by our experts. Our team assures your CDR gets accepted at first attempt.